We love Pancakes at home, and Wednesday’s are meant for a healthy dose of oatmeal Pancakes! 🙂 Read: have to incorporate it in a smart and delicious way for the oats hater at home. Since, we both are not much of a sweet lover, I end up making the savoury version of it.
This is the simplest of the recipe I am going to share with you all today. It has eggs in it, however you can completely omit it as well and the results are equally brilliant.
Zucchini is one of the favourite veggies at home. I usually stock it to readily throw it into the various stir fries or salads I prepare on a daily basis. And together with a fresh bunch of coriander it makes for a beautifully crunchy and yummy pancakes. Oatmeal flour is something I keep it handy, to use it in every possible dish that I can. To make the pancakes a little fluffy and light, eggs are used. You can also replace it with flax seed egg substitute by making it even more healthier.
The pancakes are served with a Spiced Garlic Red Bell Pepper Greek Yogurt Spread, another very simple and put it all together kind of a guilt free spread / sauce.
You can either serve this for a healthy brekkie or an evening tea time snack. Or serve it as an interesting canapés at your next house party!
Zucchini Coriander Savoury Oatmeal Pancakes
Ingredients For The Red Bell Pepper Spread
- To start making Zucchini Coriander Savoury Oatmeal Pancakes, grate the zucchini and squeeze out all the water and put it into a bowl.
- To this add one egg, oatmeal flour, chopped coriander leaves, salt and pepper and mix it evenly.
- Make a little thick batter using milk or butter milk. The consistency should be little thicker than the usual pancake batter mix.
- Heat a skillet in low heat, pour a laddle full of the batter, grease it with little butter on the sides and let it cook for 2-3 mins.
- Once it’s cooked on one side, flip over and cook on the other side for another 2 mins. Remove and place it on a plate.
- Likewise, prepare the pancakes with the remaining batter.
- To make the Red Bell Pepper Spread, mix all the ingredients listed in the table above evenly and keep aside.
- To serve the pancakes, stack it and pour a little Spiced Red Bell Pepper Spread over it or serve it by the sides.